You must have satisfactory credit, sufficient income and a valid Certificate of Eligibility (which we will obtain for you). The home must be for your own personal occupancy. If you are unsure of your eligibility, the eligibility requirements to obtain a Certificate of Eligibility are listed below:

90 days if enlisted during wartime

90 days of continuous active duty

6 credible years in the Selected Reserve or National Guard
(member of an active unit, attended required weekend drills and two-week
active duty for training) and one of the following:

  • Were discharged with an honorable discharge
  • Were placed on the retired list
  • Were transferred to the Standby Reserve or an element of the Ready
    Reserve other than the Selected Reserve after service characterized as
    honorable service
  • Continue to serve in the Selected Reserve.

Note: Individuals who completed less than six years may be eligible if discharged for a service-connected disability.

You are an un-remarried spouse of a veteran who died while in service or from a service-connected disability.

You are the spouse of a Servicemember missing in action or a prisoner of war.

You are a surviving spouse in receipt of Dependency and
Indemnity Compensation benefits in cases where the Veterans death was
not service-connected.

You are a surviving spouse who remarries on or after attaining age 57, and on or after December 16, 2003.

You are a surviving spouse of certain totally disabled veterans whose disability may not have been the cause of death.

Certain US Citizens who served in the armed forces of a government allied with the United States in World War II

Individuals with service as members in certain organizations, such as Public Health Service officers, cadets at the United States Military, Air Force, or Coast Guard Academy, midshipmen at the United States Naval Academy, officers of National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration, merchant seaman with World War II service, and others.